Match Analysis: T20 World Cup 2016 - India Vs West Indies Semifinals

Any thoughts on how the match with west indies might go based on their team analysis and Mumbai’s pitch?

Scroll down, read the posts and hit the reply button to register your thoughts if you are passionate about cricket and would like to join engaging conversations with like minded folks.

Am definitely looking forward to ashwin vs Gayle… That’s so lucrative… But I desperately hope rohit clicks in Thursday

1 Like

Yes, both Rohit and Dhawan need to perform in the remaining two matches with the overall middle order upping their game for us to lift the cup. Except for kohli the others have put up an at best mediocre performance. But with a good batting pitch in Mumbai I believe West Indies may not be that difficult to beat if our batting is good, which until now has failed to click in our own backyard.

This would be the game where the home advantage is totally nullified… Bravo has played as many games @the wankhade as bumrah… Adding to this the scores in the power play for India reads 29,28,42,37 with their highest runs coming against Bangladesh… So it’s going to be a real testament for our openers to put those numbers back in shape on Thursday

I do believe there will be some pitch advantage for the Indians. But what the openers and the middle order make out of it is something to be seen. It is interesting to read how Oz media reports about it. One such article here.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/world-twenty20-australia-v-india-mohali-curators-have-work-cut-out-preparing-turner-in-two-days/news-story/3b5260c1629667f7fa455e79623be6bd

I would not buy it. The fact being the pitch had more of a green tinge like it usually does @mohali

Today is gonna b a big day. Whoever is gonna face the Brits @kolkata beware of this new kid Roy.

Coming back to the day’s game with yuvi outta the tournament, it will be interesting to see if ms goes for rahane or negi… With negi he gets four possible overs and a decent hitter down the order… But with the batting being wobbly barring vjrat at the top rahane might finally get his game on his home turf…

But like Chris said, ms is unpredictable!! Let’s wait and watch.

If we bat first, Openers should give a decent start. 40/0 in 5 overs is good. Raina should perform. Kohli and yuvi should do their best. Dhoni and sir shall blast if they had to bat. 170 will be the target to defend easily.
Bowlers should also perform well. Ashwini and bumbra will play key roles in taking wicket. Gayle storm should be controlled whether we bat or bowl first.

Opening has been the problem for us until now. I hope like you said they give us a solid start this match. And that can make all the difference. Yuvi is not playing. He’s out due to the ankle injury in the last match. So like @nishcn91 says if Dhoni goes with Rahane then it may be a good batting treat to watch if that guy fires.

Generally Mumbai wickets are batting wickets and I believe Rohit will have some good knock today. I am not sure about Shikar, he tends to gift his wicket for pretty ordinary bowling - well as the current WI bowling attack.

Manish better option than rahane esp if no.4 is coming in after 15 overs…

Dhoni shall come at 4 and try to hit than coming in at 6 or 7 and make 15 odd runs. He can do better

I sincerely hope we chase tonight…like @narenct84 pointed out, with the windows bowling not as great, we have a higher possibility of chasing down comfortably…

There was news that ICC custodian of pitches Andy Watkinson was worried about a doctored pitch suited to India’s needs in Wankhede that he made sure BCCI’s head of pitches from western zone camped close to the stadium for 4 days ensuring a ‘fair pitch’. Anyways my point is he or anyone from BCCI or ICC may not be able to influence the pitch much given commercial interests. It will most likely be a batting pitch that will help a score of around 180 or more if the batting order performs well. And if India wins the toss I feel we may actually have won half the match to utilize the new pitch very well in the early evening.

MSD will be opting for Ajinx for this match than Negi. Moreover wankadae pitch is always been batting friendly. Two matches being scored 200+ in this T20.

Moreover this centre pitch is used for this world cup for the first time. Hope groundsman prepared for the pitch in the favour of india .

Rohit being Mumbai Indian captain needs to perform this match. Hope rohit scores big this match. Expecting shikar to fail as usual.

I was reading an interesting report that Wankhede stadium has a seating crisis. In that fans who line up to buy tickets will always go empty handed. That’s because of a system where the stadium has to give away tickets to the powerful and the patrons. Here’s the seating situation.

• Total Seats in Wankhede – 33,000
  • Other Boxes – 10,000 (For VIPs - politicians, industrialists etc)
  • 350 clubs in Mumbai – 7,500
  • Garware Club House – 6,000 (They sponsored the stadium too)
  • 5 Gymkhanas – 4,200 (Hindu, Parsi, Muslim, Catholic and Bombay as patrons)
  • Tata – 450
  • Chief Secretary – 250
  • Common Man – 4,600

Great move. As expected Shikar is out. Both jinx and Manish in stronger middle order.

Expecting a blasting start from jinx and rohit. Shikar dot balls make rohit play crazy shorts.

Yea…masterstroke to get jinx in

My predictions have started to happen

1 Like

Jaddu over in the middle and one or two overs by raina will change the match.

Am sad the mumbai audience doesn’t applaud when the windies take a good wicket or hit a nice shot, unlike chennai!