Watch The Inspiring Story Of Santosh Who Helped Feed 170,000 People During Chennai Floods (Social Work)

Chennai received 14 inches of rain in two days, the heaviest recorded in 100 years. The city got cut off from the rest of the world with a power outage that lasted 3-4 days. No one was sure when the rain would let up or when the power would be restored. In the face of such uncertainty, restaurant owner Santosh decided to help out the way he knew he could. He began cooking. To his surprise, the word was out and in hours up to 300 volunteers joined his efforts in cooking and packing, together distributing 1.7 lakh boxes of food in 94 hours.

Watch the video to remember the resilience with which the people of Chennai overcame the floods.

To encourage more good work by members posting at #show-india , please do take a moment to reply with your comments and feedback to them.

ICF is a community connecting intellectual, creative and passionate people. You will join us if you appreciate civilized, in-depth discussions on your topics of interest with other like minded members.

2 Likes

Great work dude. Very inspiring. You have not only fed 170,000 people but you have inspired another million with this work to do better when they get an opportunity. That’s including me :slight_smile: Thank you and all the best.

1 Like

@athul.rk Good job appreciating the work. Nearly a 1000 people viewed this post and only you took the time to encourage the work and the post. Wish in India more of us are proactive in doing new things and encouraging people who do new things!

@Ruchir_Saraf Are you involved with this person Santhosh or you just posted it here?

@Admin: I am a filmmaker and I made this video. Thanks for creating this community. Creators like us really need encouragement to continue doing what we do and platform like this definitely helps.

Great work mate. It would be nice if you tell us your story. About how you got into making short films and what made you do this one about Santosh.